When fall comes around there is nothing more that I want than a deliciously warm pumpkin spice latte in my hand! Something about a spicy, hot drink just makes my day in the simplest way! (Plus it keeps you warm in chilly weather!) Usually the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is a staple of my fall diet, so you can imagine my delight when I came across this recipe for homemade pumpkin lattes courtesy of Perfectly Imperfect.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 cups milk (whole, reduced fat or skim) or half and half
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 or 2 tablespoons sugar, Stevia or Splenda
- 2 tablespoons (yes, tablespoons) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or your choice of nutmeg, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and allspice)
- 1-4 shots espresso or very strong coffee
- Brew your espresso or strong coffee. If brewing strong coffee, use double the amount of ground coffee you would in your regular coffee.
- Combine milk (or half and half), pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spices in a small saucepan. Heat until very hot, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Transfer to a blender (or a milk frother) and blend until frothy.
- Pour 1 cup warm pumpkin milk mixture into coffee mug and add 1-4 coffee shots.